Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The New York Baby Show

When I found out that the New York Baby Show was going to take place on the weekend of my birthday, I decided that buying a ticket to go would be my gift to myself. I let all my friends know that they could join me at the baby show, or at brunch afterwards. Now that I've gone once, I will go every year; I had so much fun.

When going to an event like this you need a plan of attack. First you need people to go with you so you can get the most samples possible. Second it's best if those friends have no interest or need for those products. I took my mom, aunt, and 2 close friends; I was the only one with babies...ha ha ha I kept everything... Third you need to have a lot of enthusiasm. Vendors love it when your excited about their product, and most of the time they will give you more stuff if you show how excited you are. My friend Annette always seems to charm vendors, and while people walk away with one sample I've seen her get boxes of samples; she is a genius..  Finally, you need a car.  I live in NYC so I took the train, thank goodness my father came and picked up the baby with the car. Going to brunch with 10 bags would not have been fun.

Sofia testing the merchandise
In addition to samples, I got a whole bunch of coupons. I went to the store and saved $7 with every container of formula I bought. When formula is $30 a pop I'll gladly take $7; it's a small amount but in the long run it makes a difference. That is just one example of savings, I got coupons for food, toys, diapers, wipes, and so many other great products. The next time you here about a Baby Show or any product show in your city I suggest you go.

An inventory of everything I got...
14 baby mum-mums
2 Ella's kitchen food packets
4 gerber graduate food packets
5 beech nut food packets
4 packets of happy tot food packets
3 jars of beech nut peaches and pineapple baby food
8 bottles of ready to use Enfamil formula
8 enfagrow milk drinks
3 babyganics mini laundry detergent.
3 ology babyb shampoo and body wash
3 avent bottles
2 toddler t-shirts from PCVSTliving.com
2 Goya onesies
4 beech nut baby spoons
1 syringe spoon, 1 honey Chapstick & 1 cooking spatula from Honey.com
 Would you take your kid hiking with this??
3 Northeast doulas lavender pouches
2 pencils from bity bean
1 pen from ergo baby
10 reusable shopping bags
Enough coupons to save hundreds of dollars.
Its a good thing they gave us bags, I needed a shopping cart.











No comments:

Post a Comment