Friday, March 2, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Mother on a Rainy Day at Home...

A couple of days ago I wrote about how I literally have nothing to talk about other then my son and being a mother. It's days like today that are the cause of that problem.  Yesterday was a rainy day and I decided to just stay home and be a couch potato since I had no plans. Many people ask me what its like to stay home everyday so I thought I would share my lazy day at home...

7:00am - Woke up to feed Francisco.

8:00am - Woke up and moved Francisco to my bed because he seemed fussy and unsettled.

9:30am - My husband woke me up because the super showed up to fix the bathroom sink in the bedroom.  Since I didn't know when he would be back I got up and we moved the baby upstairs, he slept for another 30-40 minutes. When Francisco woke up, I changed his diaper and he was in the middle of peeing, so....he got pee all over my pants but didn't get any on the sofa and that's what matters.

Between 9:30 & noon I ate some cereal, watched Lost Girl, played with Francisco and worked on the burping cloth I started weaving the night before.. Now playing means making him laugh so hard that he screams.  I have come to realize that I love the sound of his laugh more then anything else...

At around 12:30 Francisco took his first nap of the day.  I took advantage of this; I worked on my blog, watched some TV and I started working on another burping cloth.  I also made myself a salad.  I wanted to make some coffee but I would have woke him up grinding the beans.  Francisco slept until around 2:30.

Finally made coffee at around 3:00..

I would also like to mention that between 7am & 3:00pm I changed his diaper around 3 times, I washed his bottles, I changed his clothes and I discovered that he now enjoys playing peek-a-boo.


(Right now as I'm writing this my lovely son is producing a fantastically dirty diaper, I hear him grunting while playing with his ball...This means I must stop writing for a moment before the mess becomes out of hand, a dirty diaper can become a wardrobe change or even a bath if its not addressed right away...My days are so exciting...)

Between 3:00 & 4:00 I attempted to feed Francisco applesauce.  He ate 2 spoons and made a mess spiting out the applesauce I attempted to give him after those 2 spoons.. After around 10 minutes of that he started to make his frustrated sounds and face and gave me the sign for milk.. I gave up on the applesauce and made him a bottle...

Notice I haven't mentioned anything about taking a shower yet...

Between 4:00 & 7:30 Francisco took another nap after playing in his walker.  I made myself some dinner, a tuna burger and salad.  I did a little social networking, posted pictures of my burping cloths, read Crystal's blog, liked Erica's new facebook page, & finished and posted my blog.  Francisco woke up, I put him back in his walker and as I was starting to wash the dishes my husband came home..

After my husband came home I washed the dishes, took a long shower, changed into another set of pj's, and continued working on this blog while he fed the baby.  So there you go, that was my day... Francisco will go to sleep at around 10:30 after drinking another bottle.  Once he is asleep and in his crib I will pour myself a glass of wine and enjoy a couple of hours to relax with my husband (if he is not asleep on the couch), and off to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment