Friday, May 17, 2013

Damn It! I Have to Buy a Double Stroller...

20 months ago I had my first baby, and it was so exciting.  I did endless amounts of research on high chairs, reusable diapers, development, and of course strollers.  After living on the Upper West Side for 2 years I had seen some really nice strollers.  The Stokke, Bugaboo, Uppababy, iCandy, Snap and Go, City Mini..etc...  After much consideration I really wanted the Bugaboo. You could attach a car seat, it had a bassinet and a toddler seat that went up to 3 year.  You could face the baby towards you or outward.  The most impressive part were all the wheel settings, it had a city setting, off road setting and beach setting (I got to use the beach setting twice).  For all these fabulous features it cost only $1200, but that's because when I sent my husband to buy it he decided that the special edition denim version was sexy.  I love my Bugaboo, but it is a big ass stroller...
My big ass stroller

Over time we have accumulated 2 more strollers, a Chicco which is only 17lbs and easier to take places.  We also have a Babies r Us umbrella stroller which is about 3lbs and can be taken anywhere because it is so small, but it doesn't
recline and isn't a good stroller to be out in all day.  Now I live in NYC and while my apartment is a good size, I don't have the room for 3 strollers; so when we found out that we were going to have a 2nd baby we cringed and the thought of a double stroller.  We live on the Upper West Side which is saturated with double strollers and those things are huge.  The last thing we wanted to do is spend more money on another stroller that is twice the size of the expensive stroller we already have.

Fast Forward to the present....I have been home on maternity for 2 months and it has been very hard going out on my own.  At first it wasn't a big deal because it was still winter and I had no desire to leave the house, but now that its spring time I want to go out with my munchkins.  I was thinking that I could get the little board that attaches to the Bugaboo for Francisco to stand on, but he is still small and he gets tired.  If we go out for a long period of time we put Francisco in the Chicco and I put Sofia in the carrier.  This works out great because if Francisco needs to nap he can; the stroller is small and if we go to a restaurant he sits in a highchair and I can put Sofia down in the reclined stroller.  It sounds like I have it all figured out doesn't it??  Well I don't, this only works if I'm not alone.  I found out very quickly that I am confined to the apartment if I'm alone; unless I'm walking over to meet someone who can then help.  This REALLY SUCKS!!!

So....A couple of days ago when it was really nice out, I caught my son looking out the window.  I felt bad that I couldn't take him out.  Even if I put Sofia in the carrier and we go for a walk I don't have the ability to pick him up or run around with him.  This is when it hit me, I would have to give in and buy a double stroller....Damn it!



No comments:

Post a Comment