Thursday, May 16, 2013

25 vs 35

My life has changed drastically in the last 3 years.  I got married, got pregnant with my son, and then I went and got pregnant again and had a little girl...  I've been busy..

This Sunday I will be turning 36, and I have to say, I loved being 35 and I'm looking forward to my journey to 40.  This past week I was thinking about what I was doing 10 years ago, and all I have to say is...... 25 was much different then 35, so I decided to list some of the differences, here we go...

25: Loved going clubbing with my friends.  Went out most weekends and sometimes during the week and wouldn't get home until at least 1am.

35: I went to a club a couple of weeks ago for the first time in who knows how long to celebrate a friends birthday (now I only go out for special and mostly preplanned occasions).  I only went because the club was down the block from my house.  I stayed for 2 hours had 2 watered down drinks, and it took my 2 days to recover.

25: Lived in a 1 bedroom apartment in Flushing, Queens in the same building as my parents.

35: I now live in 2 bedroom apartment in a huge Upper West Side building complex with my husband and 2 children.


25: I was a proud member of the social site Migente.com under the name Firelily where I got to keep up with my friends sexy pictures, and meet guys who were obviously interested in intelligence..


35: I am a proud member of the social sites Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blogger, Pintrest, Etsy, & Google+ under my married name and/or my blogger name Big Apple Mami.  I keep up with family and friends from high school and college.  We basically post the latest pictures of our children, and share how tired we are.  Occasionally we get to post pics of the fabulous food we eat when we go out with our partner..but mostly we post pics of the food we make at home...

25: After running a teen program for 2 years, I had been told once again from my boss that the organization I worked for lost most of the money for the program I ran, and that I should start looking for another job.  This is when my father basically yelled at me to apply for the teaching fellows..


35: After being accepted into the Teaching Fellows program I taught 5 grade & middle school in the the Bronx and Brooklyn.  Today I am in my 8th year of teaching and after 7 years of teaching teens I am loving being a 2nd grade ICT Teacher in Brooklyn Heights.  I never thought I would love the little ones...

25: If I'm correct I was living with a guy that my friends and family all hated, but I think we broke up after my first year teaching when I was 26.  I try to forget the stupid boyfriends...

35: Married to my childhood friend and love of my life, I don't know what took me so long to admit how much I loved him.  Thank goodness he never stopped trying to get in touch with me, and I am so glad I picked up the phone 8 years ago even though I didn't recognize the number.


So there you go, some major differences in my life.  I was very happy back then and I'm even happier now....I hope to look back in another 10 years with a whole new list of happy differences... 







No comments:

Post a Comment